Links to hopefully useful things.
Last modified: 2021-05-07
A collection of hopefully useful stuff. No refunds, no warranties.
- 2021-05-07: moved Databases into here, added 745 notes.
- 2020-09-01: started maintaining a changelog
Practically speaking, most people visit this site for the course reviews. The rest of this stuff is mostly random blog posts related to TAing, graduate school admissions, systems courses, databases, or chickens. I've considered writing a biased and opinionated "guide to CMU" at some point, but I don't know that people will read it and I have enough to do right now anyway.
- capyexpress: different interface to reading the news.
- MogJDBC: SQLite test traces over JDBC.
I would like to live in a world where education is free. This is my small contribution. There are probably errors, and don't try to commercialize these somehow, but otherwise feel free to use my notes.
Some cheatsheets contain copyrighted material, and for that reason, they're not generally available. If you see usage of copyrighted material in my notes that exceeds fair use, please let me know. Generally, course notes are derived from the course material.
And yes, my handwriting is pretty bad. It is how it is.
- 15-150, functional programming: final cheatsheet as student, SML guide as TA
- Final cheatsheet prepared with my 251 group
- Fun fact: when I was a TA, someone I didn't know handed in our cheatsheet. Apparently it got passed down for at least two semesters.
- 15-410, operating systems: Midterm 1
- 15-451, algorithms: Midterm 1, Midterm 2
- Cheatsheets prepared with PK, MS, LT, YZ, FF
- 15-455, undergrad complexity theory: Midterm 1, Midterm 2
- 15-745, optimizing compilers: Notes
- 15-857, performance modeling: Midterm
- 15-859, algorithms for big data: Sketching Theorem, Information Theory
- 21-242, matrix theory: Notes
- 70-364, business law: Notes