2019-11-05: I really need to clean this place up. Maybe at the end of the semester, there are vaguely useful DB-related posts now too.
Collectively, I’ve probably answered over a thousand Piazza posts. Most of them are homework-specific or RTFM, but some are possibly useful enough to exist on their own.
Generally copied unedited in chronological order, with my response at the end.
- I’ve felt that anthropomorphizing concepts is sometimes a little too patronizing. But apparently, the Recursion Fairy is well and alive at Illinois, and I have seen some empirical success in doing this as well…
- Teaching first-year intro courses is much easier than higher-level courses. You can predict everything they’ll ask in the former. I’m not so sure about the latter.. we’ll see. Hopefully I don’t suck at office hours.
All these items are pending migration to gohugo for sane tagging defaults.
ETA Fall 2020. Not happening for a while…
- piazza responses: I can probably do better than a direct copy-paste..
- 122: more diagrams, less words
- 150: I strongly believe material is better presented with slides.com formatting
- 242: polish up my notes and put them on GitHub or something
- I have some book recs. I’m still working through The Nature of Computation but I greatly appreciate the presentation of material there. Bought a few more books over summer 2019 too..